“And by the seventh day God had finished the work He had been doing; so on that day He rested from all His work.” Genesis 2:3. God may have rested on the 7th day, but our Cycling4Burundi team sure didn’t – they spent yesterday finishing the final 69 miles of their week-long ride across Iowa.
So, just how is our Cycling4 Burundi team feeling about the Corn State, having made it their home for the past week and riding 428.1 extreme miles through? They’re feeling a little something like this:
“They talk about big skies in the western United States, and they may indeed have them, but you have never seen such lofty clouds, such towering anvils, as in Iowa in July.”
― Bill Bryson
Maybe the lofty clouds of Iowa are heaven or maybe heaven is Iowa – either way we couldn’t be prouder of our team for cycling 7 long, hard days to help make dreams come true for our friends in Burundi. You can help make dreams come true too! There’s still time to donate to help us meet our $50k goal for RAGBRAI. $35 = 10 Intermediate English Books to support our learners in Burundi. Donate today: https://www.classy.org/campaign/cycling4burundi/c191396.
- Peilla’s Story: “Nzoshika Kure Cane – I’ll Reach Far”
- COVID-19 Pandemic in Burundi
- Q&A with Dugan Lamoise, on BFI’s Women Empowered Project
- Let's Bring #GivingTuesday to Burundi!
- Happy International Coffee Day!
- International Day of Peace: What Climate Action for Peace Means for Burundi
- Summer 2019 Trip With Executive Directer Julie Marner
- Meet BFI’s Newest Intern!
- BFI Founder to Receive Erskine Award