Three years ago, 19-year-old Landry Ndayikeje joined a BFI English Club in Bujumbura. His intense desire to learn and sharp mind helped him to advance quickly. Landry is now one of our 460 valued English Club teachers who work with more than 8,000 students across 13 provinces.
Eager to try his new skills, Landry recently entered an English essay contest held by the U.S. Embassy Bujumbura. He was awarded a partial scholarship he received that enables him to begin university studies.
BFI English Club students “discover their talents and their purpose in life through discussions, seminars and reading books,” explains co-founder Innocent Niyangabo. Books and computers, libraries, and tuition support that we provide all help these new leaders build a brighter future.
- Special Thank You’s From Burundi
- BFI’s Team of Seven, Tour de Force! Part 2: One Special Place
- BFI’s Team of Seven, Tour de Force!
- That’s a Wrap!
- Ask What You Can Do for RAGBRAI…
- Creative Genius: Live from the BFI IT Department
- Huge Thanks to Our BFI Family!
- Iowa in July
- The Final Cycle
- Professional Athletes, Julie’s Parents, and a Warm Welcome!