From Executive Director Julie Marner
BFI is on the verge of providing high-quality beginner English teaching manuals to our volunteer teachers. These are absolutely essential. Gone are the days of smaller classroom sizes – and by small, I mean 35 students. Today each class is jam-packed with 50-70 kids, teens, young adults, and farmers, all learning English side-by-side.
With 30,000 students across Burundi, our teachers need help! To begin, BFI plans to provide 700 copies of the colored, 62-page Teachers’ Guide Book at a cost of $2.50 each. We know that our 3,000 teachers will find ways to share the book while we locate more financing.
BFI supporters, will you donate $25.00 to buy ten books? Enhance our blazing English program! We are so proud of our program and of you!
- Special Thank You’s From Burundi
- BFI’s Team of Seven, Tour de Force! Part 2: One Special Place
- BFI’s Team of Seven, Tour de Force!
- That’s a Wrap!
- Ask What You Can Do for RAGBRAI…
- Creative Genius: Live from the BFI IT Department
- Huge Thanks to Our BFI Family!
- Iowa in July
- The Final Cycle
- Professional Athletes, Julie’s Parents, and a Warm Welcome!