Mark your calendars for December 3rd, because GivingTuesday is just around the corner! Have you heard of GivingTuesday? GivingTuesday - celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving (in the US) - is a global day of giving powered by social media and community altruism. As the holiday season reminds us of the value of what we have, GivingTuesday offers us a chance to share our joy with those less fortunate.
This GivingTuesday, consider making your donation towards helping the people of Burundi. Why Burundi? Within this East-African nation with a landmass the size of Maryland, a jarring 82% of Burundians live in extreme poverty, compared to 33.5% of people on the African continent and 8% of the world population. Burundi also currently has the highest recorded prevalence of malnutrition-attributed stunted growth in the world (approximately 55.9% of all Burundian children under 5 were suffering from this as of 2016).
Burundi Friends International (BFI) is dedicated to tackling extreme poverty in Burundi by increasing financial opportunities for the Burundian community through our economic empowerment and English education initiatives. Your contribution to our annual fund plan continues to drive our mission forward. We remain committed to projects such as the building of libraries in Burundi, college tuition sponsorship for gifted Burundian youths, and savings groups that teach financial planning and facilitate small businesses.
Please consider donating to BFI this December 3rd. As most of BFI workers are volunteers, the value of your dollar really goes far towards directly helping the people of Burundi. We look forward to hearing from you come GivingTuesday!
Click here to donate to Burundi Friends International today.
- Getting to Know Odette Habonimana: How BFI’s Country Director became a nominee for the USIP Women Building Peace Award
- U.S. Institute of Peace's Women Building Peace Award Nominee: Odette Habonimana
- COVID-19 Pandemic in Burundi
- Q&A with Dugan Lamoise, on BFI’s Women Empowered Project
- Odette Nibizi Savings Group Success Story
- Let's Bring #GivingTuesday to Burundi!
- Happy International Coffee Day!
- International Day of Peace: What Climate Action for Peace Means for Burundi
- Summer 2019 Trip With Executive Directer Julie Marner
- Meet BFI’s Newest Intern!